While everyone else was talking about the Cavaliers latest trade, the team came out and punched the Washington Wizards in the mouth early. Cleveland lead by 13 points at the end of the first quarter, and never looked back. The Cavaliers had a rhythm to themselves all night en-route to a 116-101 victory.
After the game, Cavs coach Larry Drew, sensed a motivated squad tonight. ” I’m sure they wanted to bounce back tonight after a poor showing last night…It’s one of those games that we got into a pretty good rhythm . We had some moments where we had some defensive breakdowns, but for the most part we stayed consistent with out game plan. We moved the basketball. I think we had (26) assists. Everybody really played well.”
He’s right, the Cavaliers played good team basketball for 48 minutes. Over the past two games Cleveland has played well in the first half, only to struggle in the second half. Saturday night, the Cavaliers were short handed, with Rodney Hood was out with a right foot injury. Cleveland needed guys to step up, and Collin Sexton and Tristan Thompson answered the call. The duo lead the Cavaliers from start to finish.
Cavaliers get back in the win column, defeating the Wizards 116-101
More from Cleveland CavaliersMore posts in Cleveland Cavaliers »
- ‘Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109’ | ‘Seinfeld’ episode from 1991 predicted score of Thursday’s Cavaliers game‘Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109’ | ‘Seinfeld’ episode from 1991 predicted score of Thursday’s Cavaliers game
- Cavs Name John Beilein As New Head Coach | Cleveland Cavaliers
- Sexton Stays Hot But It’s Not Enough as Cavs Fall in Dallas to the Mavs 121-116
- Stauskas, traded 3 times last week, rejoins Cavs
- Cleveland Cavaliers down Chicago Bulls to snap six-game losing streak
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- Honor American Indians by keeping the Indians team name and forging a true partnership: Mickey EdwardsHonor American Indians by keeping the Indians team name and forging a true partnership: Mickey Edwards
- ESPN COMPARES BAKER MAYFIELD TO MITCH TRUBISKY !?!?!
- ESPN Reporter Allegedly Tells Sen. Josh Hawley ‘F*** You’ Over NBA, China Criticism
- FedEx threatens to remove signage from Redskins stadium unless team changes name: report
- Eagles Star DeSean Jackson Promotes Louis Farrakhan, Conspiracies About Jews And Coronavirus Vaccine | The Daily CallerEagles Star DeSean Jackson Promotes Louis Farrakhan, Conspiracies About Jews And Coronavirus Vaccine | The Daily Caller