The Cleveland Cavaliers made a trade Wednesday night, sending Kyle Korver to Utah for two second-round picks and guard Alec Burks.
Korver is a great shooter and would provide quality depth for the Utah Jazz. The Jazz need to put more shooters on the floor with guys like Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert.
For Cleveland, this starts the process of building draft capital and freeing up cap-space. For Cleveland, this move frees up about $15 million in cap-space.
Burks is in the final year of his contract with a salary of $11.53 million. After this season, that will come off the books.
Now That Kyle Korver is Off the Books; What’s Next for the Cavs?
More from Cleveland CavaliersMore posts in Cleveland Cavaliers »
- ‘Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109’ | ‘Seinfeld’ episode from 1991 predicted score of Thursday’s Cavaliers game‘Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109’ | ‘Seinfeld’ episode from 1991 predicted score of Thursday’s Cavaliers game
- Cavs Name John Beilein As New Head Coach | Cleveland Cavaliers
- Sexton Stays Hot But It’s Not Enough as Cavs Fall in Dallas to the Mavs 121-116
- Stauskas, traded 3 times last week, rejoins Cavs
- Cleveland Cavaliers down Chicago Bulls to snap six-game losing streak
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- Honor American Indians by keeping the Indians team name and forging a true partnership: Mickey EdwardsHonor American Indians by keeping the Indians team name and forging a true partnership: Mickey Edwards
- ESPN COMPARES BAKER MAYFIELD TO MITCH TRUBISKY !?!?!
- ESPN Reporter Allegedly Tells Sen. Josh Hawley ‘F*** You’ Over NBA, China Criticism
- FedEx threatens to remove signage from Redskins stadium unless team changes name: report
- Eagles Star DeSean Jackson Promotes Louis Farrakhan, Conspiracies About Jews And Coronavirus Vaccine | The Daily CallerEagles Star DeSean Jackson Promotes Louis Farrakhan, Conspiracies About Jews And Coronavirus Vaccine | The Daily Caller