The Cleveland Cavaliers lost yet another close game as the Minnesota Timberwolves traveled to Cleveland to take on the Cavaliers at Quicken Loans Arena on Monday. Shooting guard Kyle Korver (22 points), swingman Rodney Hood (20 points) and center Tristan Thompson (16 points, 11 rebounds) led the charge for the Cavaliers but points were hard to come by as Cleveland only mustered 95 points in the loss.
Most problematic for Cleveland was their turnovers by their starting lineup, as 15 of the team’s 17 total turnovers (which led to 17 points for Minnesota) and an uncharacteristically anemic scoring night for guard Jordan Clarkson, who scored just four points in 22 minutes (shooting 1-5 from the field and 0-4 from three-point range). Second-year forward Cedi Osman (eight points on 3-12 shooting from the field) had his second straight rough shooting night after scoring seven points on 1-6 shooting against the Houston Rockets as rookie point Collin Sexton (11 points on 5-19 shooting from the field) saw more shots clank off the rim than he has of late, especially after scoring a career-high 29 points against the Rockets.
3 takeaways from the Cleveland Cavaliers loss to the Timberwolves
More from Cleveland CavaliersMore posts in Cleveland Cavaliers »
- ‘Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109’ | ‘Seinfeld’ episode from 1991 predicted score of Thursday’s Cavaliers game‘Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109’ | ‘Seinfeld’ episode from 1991 predicted score of Thursday’s Cavaliers game
- Cavs Name John Beilein As New Head Coach | Cleveland Cavaliers
- Sexton Stays Hot But It’s Not Enough as Cavs Fall in Dallas to the Mavs 121-116
- Stauskas, traded 3 times last week, rejoins Cavs
- Cleveland Cavaliers down Chicago Bulls to snap six-game losing streak
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- Honor American Indians by keeping the Indians team name and forging a true partnership: Mickey EdwardsHonor American Indians by keeping the Indians team name and forging a true partnership: Mickey Edwards
- ESPN COMPARES BAKER MAYFIELD TO MITCH TRUBISKY !?!?!
- ESPN Reporter Allegedly Tells Sen. Josh Hawley ‘F*** You’ Over NBA, China Criticism
- FedEx threatens to remove signage from Redskins stadium unless team changes name: report
- Eagles Star DeSean Jackson Promotes Louis Farrakhan, Conspiracies About Jews And Coronavirus Vaccine | The Daily CallerEagles Star DeSean Jackson Promotes Louis Farrakhan, Conspiracies About Jews And Coronavirus Vaccine | The Daily Caller