Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson sued the Florida Department of State on Monday in an attempt to include mail-in ballots that were delivered after polls closed on Election Day.
Marc Elias, the attorney for Nelson, filed the lawsuit contending that residents who sent vote-by-mail ballots, which were postmarked before Election Day but not delivered until the voting concluded Tuesday, should not be “disenfranchised” because of mail delivery delays that were out of their control, according to NBC6.
Bill Nelson Sues To Include Ballots Delivered After Election Day | The Daily Caller
More from National NewsMore posts in National News »
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- The History of the Jewish State | Ben Shapiro and Benjamin Netanyahu
- Viewer Question: What Nickname Should We Call Ben Shapiro Fans?
- You SHOULD Be Concerned About This
- Relationships Should Be Oriented Toward the Values You Want to Teach Your Kids
- The Best Way to Stay Friends With People Who Disagree With Your Politics