Apple today released iOS 12.1 with support for the digital eSIM that will allow for dual-SIM functionality on the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR, but eSIM support isn’t going to be immediately available from U.S. carriers.
AT&T, for example, is telling customers that eSIM activations are being delayed until later in the year due to technical issues in part related to Visual Voicemail.
Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile Won’t Support eSIM Until Later This Year
More from TechMore posts in Tech »
- Update from James O’Keefe following wrongful Twitter suspension – Hint: He’s suing #DeposeTwitter
- Big Tech is censoring the New York Post, again
- Facebook, Google/YouTube, Twitter Censor Viral Video of Doctors’ Capitol Hill Coronavirus Press ConferenceFacebook, Google/YouTube, Twitter Censor Viral Video of Doctors’ Capitol Hill Coronavirus Press Conference
- Verizon told to discontinue ads about 5G availability and speed claims
- ‘The Five’ get into heated argument over accusations of Google censorship