President Trump turned to an unlikely source Tuesday evening to find support for his hard-line immigration policies: his predecessor, Barack Obama.
Trump tweeted a 2005 video in which Obama, then a senator, made a statement against illegal immigration, accompanied by the comment “I agree with President Obama 100%”.
“We are a generous and welcoming people here in the United States,” Obama says in the 31-second clip. “But those who enter the country illegally and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law. We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants into this country.”
Trump cites 2005 Obama remarks to support immigration policy | Fox News
More from CrimeMore posts in Crime »
- Ep. 1523 Are They About To Tell Us Something Major? – The Dan Bongino Show
- Joe Pinion: It’s Lunacy like I’ve never seen before
- US Military Begins Mandatory ‘Critical Race Theory’ Training, Punishes Whistleblower | Facts Matter
- Texas Governor Expected to Sign Bill Banning Abortions When Fetal Heartbeat Is Detected
- Auditors Find Omissions, Inconsistencies and Anomalies With Maricopa County Ballots | Facts Matter
More from ImmigrationMore posts in Immigration »
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »