Wolkowitz was hit from behind while he was in the parking lot of his apartment complex. Jamil S. Hubbard hit Wolkowitz on his head and face, and then dragged him into the parking lot. Hubbard then ran Wolkowitz over with his own car, before stealing the journalist’s vehicle and fleeing the scene, prosecutors said.
“The investigation determined that the defendant targeted the victim because of his race,” said Chris Swendeman, a Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office spokesman, after the attack initially occurred. Hubbard, who is black, did not know Wolkowitz previously.
HATE CRIME: White Journalist Dies 6 Months After Brutal Attack
More from CrimeMore posts in Crime »
- Ep. 1523 Are They About To Tell Us Something Major? – The Dan Bongino Show
- Joe Pinion: It’s Lunacy like I’ve never seen before
- US Military Begins Mandatory ‘Critical Race Theory’ Training, Punishes Whistleblower | Facts Matter
- Texas Governor Expected to Sign Bill Banning Abortions When Fetal Heartbeat Is Detected
- Auditors Find Omissions, Inconsistencies and Anomalies With Maricopa County Ballots | Facts Matter