The Navy’s first newly-built Ship-to-Shore Connector maritime warfare craft launched on the water earlier this year, paving the way for stepped up production and introducing a new era in modern amphibious warfare for the Marines.
Naval Sea Systems Command recently awarded a deal to Ship-to-Shore connector-maker Textron to acquire long-lead early procurement materials for the new fleet of watercraft. The new SSC mobile amphibious connectors are able to transport larger armored vehicles, such as an Abrams tank, from amphibious assault ships to combat ashore.
New Navy ship-to-shore connector transports tanks, brings new amphibious warfare era | Fox News
More from MilitaryMore posts in Military »
- Ep. 1523 Are They About To Tell Us Something Major? – The Dan Bongino Show
- Joe Pinion: It’s Lunacy like I’ve never seen before
- US Military Begins Mandatory ‘Critical Race Theory’ Training, Punishes Whistleblower | Facts Matter
- Israel’s Iron Dome withstands rockets from Hamas
- Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing Marxism, Critical Race Theory in Military