Chicago cop Jason Van Dyke was found guilty this afternoon of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Laquan McDonald in 2014. McDonald’s death was an abrupt encounter that tore at open wounds between Chicago’s government and its community.
At the time of the deadly encounter, McDonald, then 17, was high on PCP and armed with a small knife. Police had been called out on the evening of October 20, 2014, because a suspect (later identified as McDonald) was allegedly breaking into vehicles parked in a lot.
Chicago Police Officer Jason Van Dyke Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Killing Laquan McDonald – Hit & Run : Reason.com
More from CrimeMore posts in Crime »
- Ep. 1523 Are They About To Tell Us Something Major? – The Dan Bongino Show
- Joe Pinion: It’s Lunacy like I’ve never seen before
- US Military Begins Mandatory ‘Critical Race Theory’ Training, Punishes Whistleblower | Facts Matter
- Texas Governor Expected to Sign Bill Banning Abortions When Fetal Heartbeat Is Detected
- Auditors Find Omissions, Inconsistencies and Anomalies With Maricopa County Ballots | Facts Matter