The Intel XMM 7560 LTE modem in the iPhone XS and XS Max beats the Intel/Qualcomm modems in the iPhone X, but it isn’t quite as fast as the X20 modem used in the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, according to data sourced from Cellular Insights and Ookla and shared by PCMag.
Cellular Insights compared Apple’s iPhone XS Max with the iPhone X equipped with an earlier Intel modem, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and the Google Pixel 2 using the 20MHz channel of Band 4, used by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and several major Canadian carriers. Download speeds were tested at full strength and at a lower signal to determine overall comparative performance.
iPhone XS Proves Faster Than iPhone X but Slower than Galaxy Note 9 in LTE Speed Test – Mac Rumors
More from TechMore posts in Tech »
- Update from James O’Keefe following wrongful Twitter suspension – Hint: He’s suing #DeposeTwitter
- Big Tech is censoring the New York Post, again
- Facebook, Google/YouTube, Twitter Censor Viral Video of Doctors’ Capitol Hill Coronavirus Press ConferenceFacebook, Google/YouTube, Twitter Censor Viral Video of Doctors’ Capitol Hill Coronavirus Press Conference
- Verizon told to discontinue ads about 5G availability and speed claims
- ‘The Five’ get into heated argument over accusations of Google censorship