As the poor get poorer in the socialist paradise of Venezuela, President Nicolas Maduro is enjoying himself with $275 steaks even as he imposed a minimum salary increase of 3,500%, reports El Nuevo Herald based on findings from the National Council of Commerce and Services of Venezuela.
The salary increase has caused nearly 40% of all Venezuela stores to close. Store owners say Maduro’s salary increase is just one of many cuts that have contributed to their demise. Not only are the businesses selling items below cost, but they are also paying people unaffordable wages.
“These decisions are leading many business people to say, ‘No, I can’t do it any more,'” said Maria Carolina Uzcategui, president of the council.
VENEZUELA: Maduro Increases Minimum Salary By 3500%, Forces Stores To Close. And Yet, He Enjoys $275 Steaks | Daily Wire
More from International NewsMore posts in International News »
- Ep. 1523 Are They About To Tell Us Something Major? – The Dan Bongino Show
- Israel’s Iron Dome withstands rockets from Hamas
- Ted Cruz reacts to new CDC mask guidance: ‘It’s about damn time’
- School Hit After Palestinian Terrorists Fire 130+ Rockets At Israel In Under 5 Minutes
- Tucker reveals more ‘damaging’ Hunter Biden messages
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »